WordPress | CMS | Advantages of WordPress Website | Disadvantages of WordPress Website | Features of WordPress
WordPress is an open source content management system. It provide the facility of dynamic blog and webpages. It is designed in PHP and MySQL. It is known for its online update, customization and management from back-end CMS.
Content Management System or CMS is a software system that contain contents and make it available for the website. A content may be data, information, image, audio, video etc. It is very easy to edit, modify or update the content of the website by using CMS.
Advantages of WordPress
- It is an open source system developed by WordPress Foundation in 2003. This platform is easily available at free of cost.
- So many plugins and templates are available for free. We can also customize templates easily as per our requirement. We can customize the design of webpage as well by changing CSS files.
- WordPress offers easily customizable and easy to use editor and interface to work with. Media integration is very easy and fast.
- We can easily create different roles for website like admin, editor, author etc. It provides several SEO tools for onsite search engine optimization.
Disadvantages of WordPress
- WordPress is developed in PHP. We need sound knowledge of PHP to do any modification or alteration in WordPress website.
- WordPress require to update time to time to perform flawlessly with browser. Software update may cause loss of data in WordPress. So, it is must to keep a backup copy of WordPress website.
- Use of several plugins in WordPress website may cause the website heavy to load and run. That may degrade website performance.
- Formatting and Modification of tables, graphic and images are very difficult in WordPress websites.
Features of WordPress
- WordPress is the most popular content management system. It keeps the media files of the website that we can easily organize, upload and manage for our WordPress website.
- WordPress is an open source CMS that avails several plugins and templates at free of cost. We can also modify and customize features and functions according to our needs.
- WordPress facilitates several SEO tools for search engine optimization. Use of such tools makes onsite optimization of the website is easy and simple.
- WordPress includes CSS files, images, customized pages and templates that helps in modification of view and functionality of the website. It allows us to customize theme as per our need.
- WordPress has authentication feature. It manage different user roles for the website. It can add or remove user, change password, user details.
- WordPress support multiple language. It allows to change the language of the whole content of the website.
- WordPress support the import of data from website. It can import data in the form of posts, custom files, comments, tags etc.